Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Missouri Conservationist

Missouri Conservationist is a free magazine you can subscribe to if you live in the great state of Missouri.  As I have been on the lookout for great photography this semester, I realized this magazine is something I have been looking to for several years now and admiring the photographs that come in each issue.
You can subscribe by visiting this page and filling in the necessary information.  You can choose whether to receive the magazine by mail or email.
There are two staff photographers for the magazine:  Noppadol Paothong and David Stonner.  You can find information about Noppadol here and David here.
This magazine is very helpful in pointing out places in Missouri that are beautiful and that perhaps I have never known about before.  When thinking about where to photograph it is easy to think you have to travel a long distance to find some beautiful scenery, but this this publication helps me to see there are so many gorgeous locations not very far away.
 canoe on the upper jacks fork  
photo by David Stonner

One thing I really like about the magazine is that they often include a description of the settings used to take each photo.  I find this really helpful and sometimes surprising.  It helps me to look at the photograph and see what settings I think I would have used verses what the photographer used.

If you enjoy the outdoors, I highly recommend checking out the Missouri Conservationist.

Walnut Trees
photo by Noppadol Paothong

No comments:

Post a Comment