Friday, April 26, 2013

Falling in love...

Yes, I have fallen in love with studio lighting!

We had a quick demo in class a couple of weeks ago.  Absolutely amazing!  

A few of us went in together and set up the equipment on a Saturday and had a great time practicing.
I think this is my favorite shot from the studio that day:

Photo

This image captures the playful relationship my husband and daughter have. That is what really shines through to me.

I've been trying to figure out why it is I like the 'atmosphere' or feeling I feel when I see studio shots.  The best I can come up with at this point is all the focus is on the subject, no background distractions.  It's all about them.

Without question, I have a TON to learn about the subject and have been poking around online to learn what I can.  Our professor (Kate) said there are whole semester classes on studio lighting.  That would be heaven!

Until I can take one of those, I will keep learning what I can.  I will be posting links to resources below (and I will keep updating them as I find them).  I do find myself trying to think of where I could set up a permanent studio in our home.  Maybe when we get them all out the door to college!


B & H Photo
Adorama TV 
dpreview 
Digital Photography School 

No comments:

Post a Comment