Friday, March 1, 2013

A good friend introduced me to the work of Brian Matiash.  You can find his blog here.  This man definitely loves what he does!

I have learned a lot about HDR photography reading his blog and looking at the images he has posted along with his explanations.  HDR stands for High Dynamic Range Imaging.  From what I understand so far, the goal of HDR photography is to capture more of what your eye naturally sees, from the darkest detail, to the lightest highlight.  Brian does a good job explaining how to achieve this here.

I know I am baby stepping it right now in photography and learning the software, but I hope at some point to give HDR a try.

Here is a sample of some of Brian's HDR photographs.

The image on the left is before and the one on the right is after.

Wow!!  Look at the detail that shows up!

I think you will enjoy looking at Brian's blog, even if you have no interest in HDR.  
His images are interesting and he always adds some words of wisdom for the photographer with each post.


I am really enjoying this journey of learning and discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment